Sunday, April 10, 2011

14-month update


Hello! Welcome to our updated blog design! I spent a whopping 30 minutes on it, so hopefully it's OK. Design is NOT my forte, and I have no idea what I'm doing. :-)


On to regularly scheduled programming...


This was a GREAT month! Not only did we receive amazing news about Alivia's heart, we simply are amazed at how well she is doing overall. She's eating better, learning new words every day, running throughout the house, and being a pure joy. We are having so much fun in our family lately.


I have no weight stats to share for another week since we are seeing doctors a bit less often nowadays, but I still have lots to share about Miss Ali.


Milestones: First tooth! Mark it in the record book - the first tooth cut through at 13.5 months. It's still barely out, but it counts nonetheless. Based on how often Alivia is sticking her fist in her mouth and pulling on her tongue, I'm guessing more are on the way. We also unceremoniously moved her out of our room and into her own room that same week. She's doing very well on her own, and Andrew and I are now faced with deciding what to do with all of this newfound space in our bedroom!



Likes: Still loving shoes. I bought her two new pairs yesterday and she sat right down in my lap so I could put them on. She also loves hats and is usually putting one of Tyler's or Andrew's hats on her head. We gave her one of Tyler's old ones, so she's loving that.



She also likes getting into trouble. :-) She's constantly opening cabinet doors, trying to escape the barricades we make for her, and finding ways to crawl behind the TV or touch the Blu-Ray buttons - or the TV itself.



Tyler has started his sports career (soccer and T-ball - more on him later in a future blog post!), so Alivia is taking on the role of Head Cheerleader for him. Those two kiddos are so sweet together, so cute and make me so, so happy.


Hopefully we have a good weight-gain report later this week. Alivia's weight gain is slowing, as is the case for most 1-year-olds, since she is always on the go, but her eating habits still continue to improve. I usually whip up a pot of protein- and nutrient-packed soup every weekend for her to eat for one meal each day throughout the week, and we often spike it with butter or parmesan for extra calories. Can you imagine getting to ADD fat into your meals?


I'm continuously thankful for the good news we received about Alivia's heart. I know we aren't out of the woods, but knowing her heart was capable of improving some has lifted some of that weight that fell upon me last August when we learned her diagnosis. If anything, it's let me stop worrying as much, stop stressing so much about the unknowns, and just enjoy this truly fun time in our family. To be able to feel this way is such a great gift.

I'll leave you with one final image...one final milestone for Alivia. Curls!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear things are going well for Alivia! That's so cute that she loves shoes!

    ReplyDelete