Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bump Blog (Finally) - 23 Weeks

So clearly my plan to document this pregnancy better than my others has been a total fail. Life gets in the way, which is OK, because that means we are keeping busy and having fun! I also never remember to have Andrew take a bump pic until he's not at home, so today I just took a pic in the mirror (and I had to keep hopping from room to room before I found a mirror that didn't reflect a TOTAL disaster behind me - guess I better clean after I post this).


I've been playing with Instagram. I like it, but this setting kind-of makes it look like I have food all over my shirt, which for once I do NOT.

Anyway, here's the latest:

Week: 23!

Feeling: Good! My back hasn't been too bad lately, but I also haven't done hours of housework in one stretch, so that's probably why. I'm thoroughly enjoying the (rare) times I get to sit still and feel this baby kick. He/she is very active, so pretty soon Andrew and the kids will be able to see the action. I'm about 100-percent in maternity pants now (blah), or I'll use my friend's Bella Band if I feel like wearing regular pants (that can't button all the way).

Doc Appts: We had a 20-week sonogram about 2.5 weeks ago, and that looked great! We took the kids and they were semi-interested for the first minute and then played with Andrew's phone the rest of the time. We managed to keep the gender a surprise, so right now, only the tech knows what we are having (which feels a bit odd!). Then we had a fetal echo last week to get a good look at the baby's heart since both Alivia and Andrew had heart problems as infants. All looked good there, too! It was basically just like a sonogram but just on the heart, and the tech would zoom in on particular parts to get good images. The cardiologist clicked through about 40 images total once the tech was done. So all of this was a relief. No more sonograms are planned unless an issue pops up, so we'll see this little one in REAL life in less than four months!

Baby prep progress: HA!!! We don't even have a list going yet of things we need to buy/borrow/find. :) And Tyler's social/sports schedule isn't making us any less busy. We'll get to all of this eventually. We'll set up a sleeping area in our room, as well as the changing table. The big question is where to store the clothes - our room, one of the kids' rooms? ... And on the name front, I think I have my favorite picks for each gender. Obviously I need Andrew on board, but I think we are close. We have plenty of time, right? I really wanted to have a one-syllable middle name for this kiddo since both Alivia (Kate) and Tyler (John) do, and both of these names fit the bill in that regard.

1 comment:

  1. looking good and so glad to hear you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete