Monday, December 10, 2012
Tristan's 3-month update
Tristan turned 3 months old on Nov. 20 - and here it is, Dec. 10! Life has been busy since I returned to work on Nov. 5, so blogging definitely fell by the wayside. We've pretty much been in survival mode, but we're slowly getting the hang of our new routine!
Here's the basics, as best I can recall:
Stats: 14 pounds. Not sure on height. We only know his weight because...
Milestones: ...Tristan got his first ear infection two weeks ago! Boo! His sister had her first one, too. He handled it like a champ, though, and we actually were pretty surprised he had an infection. We just had him checked because he seemed to be in pain when he coughed (he had been congested and coughing the week leading up to Thanksgiving.
Tristan began attending daycare 2 days/week at the facility by my work. It's been a great setup, and I'm a little bummed it's temporary (he can attend there through February, we think, before the baby whose spot he's currently filling begins attending). I walk over to visit at lunch, which is super convenient. He's doing very well there, but he barely sleeps. Just this week he began napping for more than 20 minutes at a time! Fortunately, his demeanor is simply fantastic, so he's not cranky even though he's clearly not getting enough sleep.
Speaking of sleep, he was NOT sleeping through the night at 3 months - he was waking up once each night. But I'm thinking that by the time I post his 4-month checkup, I can say that he IS.
Other developments: Tristan is super smiley, in size 2 diapers, eats about every 2.5-3 hours, loves lying under mobiles and other toys and is beginning to grasp at toys and suck on his hands (which we are not fans of, for health reasons).
Tristan is a fantastic baby despite his sleep habits. He's a great addition to our family, and we love being able to interact with him more!! His big sibs just love him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment