![]() |
| 5 months |
![]() |
| 6 months |
![]() |
| Big Sis must always be a part of our photo shoots. :) |
I'm not going to even try to pretend to remember what specifically has happened in Tristan's world during months 5 and 6, so this blog is going to recap the past two months as a whole. :)
First, wow, Tristan is half a year old! I think it's safe to say we'll keep him! He's a laid-back, smiley baby who has completely melded into our family. At first, it felt like "us (me, Andrew, Tyler, Alivia) and the baby", but now it's just US! But I'd be lying if I said we aren't still learning how to juggle this three-kid thing. It is a LOT of work. But things feel a lot smoother, and we all seem to know our roles to make things work.
Anyway, on to Tristan!
Weight: As of Feb. 7, he was 16 lbs, 6 oz.
Height: Not sure! (We'll know this Thursday at his well-child checkup.) He seems pretty average and is growing out of his 6-month clothes, so I imagine he's right on track.
Milestones: Since my last post, Tristan has learned to sit up. He really has mastered it in the past week, though, and is now pretty sturdy. ... He also has taken to solids. He loves everything I give him! His "menu" is still small - only because I'm not moving fast enough. He'd probably be much further along if I was able to move faster. For now, he's tried rice cereal, baby oatmeal, bananas and plain yogurt (mixed), sweet potato, avocado and applesauce. So far, I haven't bought any baby food, but I will, let's be real. :) But it's been fun to make his own food thus far!
... In late January, Tristan switched to his permanent daycare (we had been on the waiting list for a couple months and used my work's daycare in the meantime, which worked REALLY well!!). All of his care providers have marveled (ha) at his lack of napping. We're lucky if he takes an hour total while he's at daycare, and he's equally bad of a napper at home unless somebody holds him while he sleeps or we place him on our bed. Clearly he has standards. ... And on a sad note, he got a second ear infection :(. So it seems as if he may be prone to them.
And finally, on Feb. 9, Tristan was part of the 2013 Baby Dedication "class" at our church, in which we as his parents pledged to raise him to know God. Our church does a GREAT job making this event special. It was a fun day!
![]() |
| Tristan and me with our friends Deana and Madilyn at the Baby Dedication. |
Likes: His siblings playing "with" him - both kids love to make him smile. Eating. Bouncing in his exersaucer. Sitting up. His taggie blanket. Putting anything into his mouth. Grasping at anything he can.
Dislikes: Being left alone for too long. Napping. And, I think, being cold. He's also not a huge fan, apparently, of sleeping consistently through the night. BOO to that!
![]() |
| Getting cuter by the day! |








His taggie blanket. I Need an Essay Putting anything into his mouth. Grasping at anything he can.
ReplyDelete