It seems like a lot has been going on with our family lately, so I thought I'd do a general update post ... who do you want to hear about first?Tyler
Tyler has been insisting on doing everything first - walking up stairs, going pee, etc. - so we better start with him. Apparently, being on the brink of 3 makes you a very smart, but very bossy little guy. We are adjusting to his newfound independence but also trying to learn to work around the frustrating parts that come with that. The key seems to be leverage ... and fruit snacks.
Tyler watches "The Sandlot" every day. Every. Single. Day. His current favorite quote is ..."Smalls, throw it to second!" After which, he slowly throws an invisible ball to either Andrew or I to catch. And he's also pretty good at repeating the monologue on making a s'more. Oh, and did you know that they say the "s" word at least three times in that movie? Tyler does! Go ahead, nominate us for Parents of the Year.
Andrew
Andrew's job keeps him pretty busy most weeks - he transfered to the military air group at his engineering firm, so he's busy with drawings of runways and stuff. That's my very technical description of his job. I've kept him pretty busy at home as we've tried to get the house ready to sell (more on that later), so he's not spent as much time on the golf course or in front of the TV as he'd prefer. Our deal is, though, new house = new flatscreen TV, so he's somewhat motivated.
Kelsea
I've been trying to get/keep the house in order as Andrew has worked on the little projects we needed to get done, and also busy growing a baby (a fast-growing baby, as my ill-fitting pants are trying to suggest). Some days, I've got plenty of energy to deal with work and home stuff; other days I throw in the dishtowel and head to bed early. Andrew has been great at taking over Tyler's bedtime routine, and only once this week was Tyler still awake at 11 p.m. So that's going well...
Us
Anybody want to buy a house? We expect it to be on the market in a couple of weeks and have begun looking for a newer, bigger, more kid-friendly house in or near Springfield. Our Realtor is fabulous, and we feel hopeful that he'll sell our current home and help us find the best new (to us) house for us. After one more coat of paint here-and-there, we are done with our house projects and just need to keep it clean and organized. ... Ok, stop laughing.
No comments:
Post a Comment