Thursday, December 3, 2009

Catching up

I really need to catch up on this blogging thing!

OK, here goes…

Tyler

Tyler has fully embraced his role as a 3-year-old and is already anticipating his next birthday so he can have another Super Why birthday cake. Andrew and I are trying to think up another excuse to order a cake from the lady we use for Tyler’s birthdays but so far haven’t come up with anything. Boy, are those cakes GOOD – and that’s coming from a non-cake person.

Tyler’s current likes include: “Wall-E,” playing BINGO from a game set he got for his birthday, getting tickled from head to toe (but mostly on his back and belly), “The Cat in the Hat Comes Back,” feeding Sydney and Mouse, and guessing how big his baby sister will be when she is born. He’s very excited to hold her and has only asked twice how A) she’ll get out of my belly (we’ve settled on the belly button) and B) who her mommy will be. Apparently he doesn’t realize he has to eventually share his parents. Boy, THAT is going to be fun to deal with!

Tyler’s current dislikes: Hugging me when I get home from work (yes, I will hold this over his head! I’m his MOTHER!), listening, and wearing gloves.


Here's a pic of him enjoying the train at the big fundraiser for the foundation that helps raise money for the hospital I work for. He lucked out and got to sit in the engine twice!

Andrew
Everyone wish Andrew a Merry Christmas! He bought himself two new flatscreen TVs within one week’s time, so he’s getting a big-fat nothing from Santa this year. Sure, he likely ‘deserves’ them – and he WAS going to get one as soon as our house sells anyway, though our house is still ours to keep (more on that later). He’s been working lots of overtime at his job, traveling a couple days every 2-3 weeks and helping keep the house nice in the event somebody wants to come look at it. That is a lot of hard work, so here’s hoping he’s home enough in December to enjoy his purchases. I will say, watching the Food Network in High Def is super cool.

Kelsea
Today marks 30 weeks of pregnancy bliss (and I mean that both sarcastically and quite seriously). I’m very happy to be 10 weeks from my duedate, and everything is looking great at our OB appointments. Baby Girl has plenty of blankets and newborn outfits to try out when she arrives, but that’s about as far as I’ve gotten to prepare. Maybe Santa will drop off some diapers when he swings by. Lord knows I haven’t thought to grab any yet. Someday soon I’ll track down the cradle and bedding so she can sleep somewhere when she comes home. And someday soon we’ll kick Tyler out of his crib and into the full-size bed that’s awaiting him. And someday soon I’ll go to Lowe’s to pick out paint and then force Andrew to begin painting the guest room and re-do the closet.

House
Our house still sits on the market. It’s been about 50 days and has seen decent activity but we haven’t had any offers come in - the feedback we get is that people don't like the layout, which we totally agree with them on but can't do a thing about to change. We’re now trying to figure out our next step: Go off the market until the baby chaos ensues? Build? Just wait things out? For now, I think we’ll just enjoy December and decorate it as nicely as possible so that it’s a cozy place to spend the holidays. Yet another task for Andrew!

No comments:

Post a Comment