Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas!

Christmas is clearly a holiday for children. As an adult, I’ve never been overly excited about Christmas; the highlight for me usually is seeing my extended family and perhaps finding that perfect gift for someone I love. However, after experiencing our first Christmas with Tyler finally being old enough to really get into the holiday, I have found renewed enthusiasm for it. Throughout December, we watched Christmas movies (with my favorite, “Home Alone,” quickly becoming Tyler’s favorite), baked treats, wrapped gifts for others, read Christmas stories, and our church did a fabulous job teaching Tyler and his friends about Jesus’ birth. Regardless of the stress leading up to the holiday, seeing our child have such a fun day – and month! - overrides everything else. I already can’t wait for next year!

Some pics:
Gift opening at home Christmas morning.

Checking out a new train table!

Testing a sleeping bag from Grandma and Grandpa. It's sleepover-approved!

Opening gifts with Aunt Gigi on Christmas afternoon.

Christmas Eve in the Chicago burbs - Santa came!

The first gift!

And the favorite gift! He slept with this the whole way home.


No comments:

Post a Comment