Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Today, and every day ...

I am thankful for sleepless nights … because I’m waking up for, and holding, the most wonderful gift God has given me.


I am thankful for dried baby food on the shoulder of my shirts … because it gives me a reason to talk about my children to anyone who notices.


I am thankful for my empty bank account … because I’d rather have the opportunity to spend my money on diapers than diamonds (or cute shoes).


I am thankful for the messes … because they mean I’m not alone.


I am thankful for my imperfect body … because it reminds me of what it once held inside.


I am thankful for every demand my children place on me… because they are making me a better, more selfless person.


I am a mother. And I realize now, after the year we’ve had, that every single aspect of parenthood is a gift, not just the warm and fuzzy stuff. Some women (and men) would give anything to have the non-glamorous and sometimes stressful life my husband and I lead. So I’m thankful for it all – the hugs, smiles and kisses … and the fears, messes and whining. I embrace it all and thank God for the opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. I love your Thanksgiving point of view!!!!
    XO Love to the Gurski's from the Doherty's! XO

    ReplyDelete