Sunday, July 10, 2011

17 months



Ali's 17-month stats:

Weight: 21 pounds? I don't know because we haven't seen a doctor in an entire MONTH!! Woo! I shouldn't brag too much about that, though, because Alivia is fighting off a runny/stuffy nose that could turn into a sinus infection, so we are watching her pretty close. So far, no fever or other symptoms. Our next scheduled appointments aren't until later in August.

Milestones: Cut another molar, so we are up to seven teeth. She can tell us the name of pretty much any body part we point to as well as verbalize several baby signs we show her. She's such a smart girl. Andrew wondered aloud a few months ago if she was going to grow up and cure her own disease, and you know, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Likes: Brushing her teeth with Tyler, sitting on her Elmo potty (usually dressed, but we've tried a few times naked - no success yet), digging out Andrew's BBQ utensils from the kitchen cabinets, climbing anything she can. And she's loves making faces at us.



We had a nice month. Alivia's been swimming a few times and liked it OK. We visited my family in Chicago over the July 4 holiday weekend, and six of my grandma's seven great-grandkids were there, which made for a cute photo.

Alivia's role as cheerleader for Tyler is on haitus while we await soccer to start up in August. But I think we are ALL ok with the break! Medically, she seems to be just fine. She has been on half a dose of the heart med we are weaning her off of by her August cardiology checkup, and so far, so good. We'll go totally off in August.



It's weird to think we are approaching the one-year mark since her diagnosis. I'm trying to think of (affordable) ways to celebrate the day to override the miserable memories we have associated with that date. If we had the funds, I'd love to throw a huge house party and invite every member of our support system, which is HUGE - family, friends, work, daycare, church. We are so grateful for the role so many played in providing us so many prayers and blessings in a truly testing, scary time.

No comments:

Post a Comment