I’m so totally slacking already! So sorry – we’ve been so busy in our family that there’s been no time to blog.
OK, quickly, here’s the best deal I’ve found this week: Two bottles of V8 Fusion (our juice of choice) for $3. Typically, this juice is over $3 for one bottle. This week, it’s 2-for-$5 at Meijer, and if you go to Meijer’s Mealbox site, you can download a $1 coupon off two bottles by clicking through its “specials” tab. That’ll bring your total down to $2 a bottle. I happened to have downloaded a $1 off 2 coupon from Coupons.com a few weeks ago, so I used that too, bringing my total to $1.50 apiece. And because I printed two copies of each coupon, I can go back anytime before the end of Saturday to get the same deal!
Recipe of the week: Admittedly, this is FAR from gourmet and only appeals to those of you who like casserole-type things, or maybe the insides of stuffed peppers. I don’t even know what to call it other than Cheesy Spanish Rice with Hamburger:
½ pound ground burger (which I paid $1.97 per lb at Meijer for, making it $1 total)
1 package of Knorr Spanish Rice mix (which I paid 75 cent for weeks ago combining a Meijer coupon with a sale)
½-¾ can chopped tomatoes
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Brown the burger in a skillet and cook the rice packet in a separate pan according to packet directions. When burger is browned, drain if necessary and ad in tomatoes (I reserved some of the juice to see how much liquid I needed for later; just eyeball it). Once rice has absorbed much of the liquid it’s been cooking in, pour into the burger/tomato mix. Stir in cheese until melted, and you have a cheesy rice mix with some burger. Done. Alivia ate it, and she’s picky, so I’m hoping it’s a decent enough recipe to share! If anything, it’s worth trying if you are running low on ingredients.
The spanish rice sounds like a tasty easy 'i don't wanna cook dinner' dinner. I love those! Great deal on V8 too :)
ReplyDelete