Aug. 19: Daycare graduation.
![]() |
We've been very blessed to have had Tyler at Children's House daycare for the past three years. He's made great friends and had great teachers, and I've really enjoyed getting to know them too, as well as his friends' parents. His class in particular was such a great group of kids. I'm still a little sad that they can't be in the same class forever.
On Aug. 19, the kids "graduated" from the Rainbow Room (4-year-olds). About 17 of those kids were kindergarten-bound. Tyler and one other friend had birthdays too late in the fall to qualify for kindergarten so they enrolled in new preschools instead of repeating the same year. This gave us the opportunity to select a preschool closer to home, and coincidentally, the school I liked best was the closest!
![]() |
| Tyler is third from the right. To the left of him is his "girlfriend," Finley. :) |
![]() |
| Receiving his diploma. |
![]() |
| The boys. SUCH great kids! |
| I was really touched at how much Alivia's former teachers (who watched her in the infant room for the 2 months prior to her diagnosis) doted on her before the ceremony. And she completely let them! |
On Sept. 7, Tyler began 5-day morning preschool at Cherry Hills Baptist Church. He was SO ready after seeing his other friends at daycare move on to their schools. So far, he loves his class and has made friends with a couple of the other boys. We're looking forward to a great year.
Also in mid-August, Tyler started fall soccer. His team is doing GREAT, and even though we don't keep score, if we did, I'm pretty certain they'd be undefeated. He's having a great time with his new friends on his team, and we are enjoying socializing with their parents.
Current likes: Watching Cardinals baseball, hitting golf balls at his Papa's (you should see this kid's swing!), spending the night at his grandparents', playing Star Wars, playing baseball/catch.
He continues to be the best kid ever. So great with Alivia, a good listener (most days) and just an overall nice person. I'm so proud. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment