I’m amazed at how easily Tyler has grasped this pregnancy thing. No, he doesn’t actually get what is going on, but he is very aware and conscientious of the fact that there’s a baby in Mommy’s belly, and he tries quite hard – most times – to not “hurt” the baby by squishing or kicking me in the stomach area.
He’s anxious to see him or her (his use of the gender he thinks the baby is fluctuates daily, or even by the minute during some conversations). Take a conversation from last week:
Me: “What’s in Mommy’s belly?”
Tyler: “A baby’s in your belly! I want to see her.”
Me: “You can’t see her yet, not until after you’re 3 and he or she gets bigger.”
Tyler: “Is he taking a nap?”
Me: “Yes, he or she is taking a nap.”
It will be so neat when Tyler can actually see or feel the baby moving. That is still several weeks away, though. I think I was 20 weeks before the real partying got going on with Tyler’s movements.
By some accounts, I’ve entered the first trimester, but I believe you have to actually complete Week 12, so we’ll say I have one week left. I’ve finally figured out the cause of my most recent round of miserable-ness. After starting on a prescription-strength OTC heartburn medication Tuesday that my doctor recommended, I feel WORLDS better now. I’m pretty sure that is what has been causing my random puking and other discomfort for the past couple of weeks – not morning sickness. I see my doctor on Monday for another checkup and will ask about a long-term solution so that heartburn does NOT come back. Wow, who knew it felt that bad?
My Super Spidey sense of smell also has calmed down, so I can now walk into the cafeteria at work without holding my breath for fear of gagging. See ya, first trimester! I will NOT miss you!
No pics to post today, but there will be plenty next week after our meet up this weekend with friends and family in Chicago…and, of course, Andrew’s 30th birthday on Tuesday. Until then…be well!
It is SO neat to watch your first baby learn about the new baby. Just wait until your new bundle gets here...it's even BETTER to see them interact with one another. So fun!
ReplyDelete~Nic