Sunday, September 12, 2010

7-month stats - and an overdue update


Greetings!

My apologies for a lack of Team Gurski updates. After arriving home two Thursdays ago to our new home, we realized we lacked Internet access. Right now, I'm able to type this because Andrew figured out a way to connect to the Web on our laptop via his cellphone. (Update: We now have high-speed Internet! Woo!)

I'm happy to share that things are going very well. Alivia continues to do well, and she certainly feels well. Once we arrived home, I practically assaulted her with food, offering her a bottle or baby food nearly every hour. While I never forced her to take it, she humored me for the most part. She ate great, and continues to do so.

We made a trip back down to St. Louis this past Thursday for a check-up. The heart team there was thrilled with how good she looked - excellent weight gain, great blood pressure, heart rate and oxygen saturation. In fact, she looked so good, the nurse ordered another echo to see if her heart function had improved. No such luck, which to be honest was a bit of a buzzkill, but we need to see the positives here: She feels better than she has all summer, and she's thriving and staying stable while on these medicines. We are incredibly lucky in that regard.

So, before I forget, here are her 7-month stats:

Weight: 12 lbs, 10 oz. Still a little peanut, but improving!!
Height: 25 inches, though I am unsure they measured her right...so that deserves an asterik by it, in my opinion

Likes: fresh bananas, sitting up, Tyler and other children, books (especially 'Is Your Mama a Llama')
Milestones: Well, obviously, there's the improved health milestone. She's also sitting up solo very well and seems stronger by the day. We've even found her in the ready-to-crawl position once, though I'm certain that's a month or so away, at least. And we think she might be teething.

Alivia's doing so well, that it's time for me to return to work. My employer, and more specifically my department, has been so supportive of our family throughout this. I am able to work a reduced schedule so I can keep a closer eye on Alivia. We un-enrolled her from daycare, as much as we love it there. Since we know she can't handle being sick as well as other babies, we want to keep her home for awhile, so our parents are dedicating some of their time each week to care for her at home. And I will work a bit from home as well.

We are loving our new home. It's so comfy and spacious. Tyler loves running around and seems to be playing with his toys a lot more now that he's got more space to do so. He continues to do well despite all the transitions we've made. He recently moved up to the 4-year-old room at daycare and loves it.

This blog is becoming a novel, and we're going to be late for church, so I'll wrap this up. Again, thank you to everyone for your encouragement. Keep those prayers coming!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! I'm so glad to hear that things are going back to "normal". You guys must be loving being in your new home after all this. Glad to hear that Alivia can stay home with you and the grandparents for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear things are improving and you are settling back in to a routine--a bit altered, but at least with some sense of normalcy. We miss Alivia in the nursery and look forward to the day when she is well enough to return. Michelle Engle

    ReplyDelete