It has been amazing, the outpouring of love and support our family has received since Alivia's been diagnosed. I've mentioned the fact that our parents, siblings and other relatives moved our entire house for us while we were gone, but there's been so much more. Balloons, food, cards and giftcards sent to the hospital; meals brought to our home; spa and restaurant giftcards and bottles of wine as gifts of relaxation; financial gifts; donations of PTO from several anonymous coworkers; and the simple yet very meaningful and powerful gift of prayer - Alivia has had entire church congregations and even a Vatican priest saying prayers for her. Just the thought of that touches my heart to such depth that I never could adequately express how much it means in words.
Yesterday, we received yet another kind and overly generous gift. A sorority sister of mine mentioned she had sent a package, but imagine my surprise when I opened the rather huge card tucked inside for Alivia and saw nearly two dozen of my Pi Phi sisters' names written inside. To know these women, who played such a huge role in my life as a college student, came together on behalf of our family eight years after leaving Bradley is incredibly touching. Say what you will about sorority chicks, but here's proof that I was part of a special group of women.
I'm on a mission to personally thank each and every one of you who have helped us realize the many silver linings that exist around this dark cloud that has appeared. We know we are lucky.
Thank you.
That is a beautiful gift. Sorority girls are awesome in my book. I recently went to my sorority reunion and I felt even more of a bond than ever!
ReplyDelete