
Today's the day! We are going HOME!!
The doctors are happy with how Alivia's heart is behaving off the secondary meds, so no pacemaker. Her heart still slows when she sleeps - but it always bounces back up to "normal" levels right away, and the length of time it "pauses" is far shorter than they noticed this past weekend. We can head home and hope she continues to do well on her current medicine. The key will be for her to continue eating well and gaining weight - that's a huge indicator that her heart is in a happy place. Make no mistake...her heart is not "healed." This isn't a condition that generally goes away. You simply hope to manage it as best as possible. The staff here seems very happy with how she looks, and we trust them when they say it's safe to go home!
We'll keep close contact with the staff here, and visit next week for a checkup. Please continue to pray that Ali's heart stays strong so she can thrive. This is a huge milestone today, but we know we now have a "new" way of life in our family. It's scary, but we have faith that God will be on our side to strengthen her, keep us calm but alert, and overall at peace.
Woohoo! That is such awesome news! Keep up the great work Alivia... we're praying that the meds continue to work, and she keeps gaining that weight!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful!!! I'm so happy you all get to go home to your beautiful house with your beautiful family! God is good. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful! A fellow GS mommy who has been keeping an eye on your blog. This is great great news.
ReplyDeleteOh I am so happy she gets to come home! We will continue to pray that she does well! We miss that little smiling face. Wishing you all the best, we know you have a long road ahead of you still. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you all. MISS AMANDA
ReplyDeleteKelsea and Andrew -
ReplyDeleteThis is great news! I have been keeping up between facebook and the blog, and have had many positive thoughts for you and Alivia. We have a 2.5 and 12 month old, and can only imagine what you have been thru the past couple of weeks. So glad to hear Alivia gets to go home to her new room! I plan on reading about her success at home!
Molly (Basso) Gambrel
I'm so happy to hear that things are looking up for you guys and that you're all headed home. Stay safe and healthy, all of you, but especially little Alivia. She's a blessing for your family and she is showered with so much love, I'm sure she'll be happy to see her big brother and her new house. My thoughts are with all of you, and I hope things only get better from here!
ReplyDeleteSaw Tyler on Sunday and caught a glimpse of you in the hall! I'm so glad that you are all at home now. We've been praying for you and will continue to!
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you need anything!