It seems like I just wrote Alivia's 15-month update, and here we are at 16 months!
Not a ton has changed since I last blogged, and we had a great May. Alivia was re-weighed a few days after my last post, and she had gained a whopping 7 ounces! We FINALLY cracked the 20-pound mark! By the time she visited her cardiologist in late May, she was at 20.5 pounds. So I think we can chalk her slight loss in April/May to teething....and just our luck, she's going through another period of cutting teeth (top two) and is back to her super picky eating. We visit St. Louis Children's this Wednesday for a full check-up (more on that later), and I'm praying we don't see much of a loss, if any. She's thankfully still wanting to eat SOME things, and is downing milk and her daily cup of juice.
Stats: 20.5 lbs; 30ish inches
Milestones: Alivia can easily verbalize everyone's name in our immediate family, including the pets, as well as her grandparents', Aunt Gigi and Elmo. I guess uncles Greggy and Adam better be next, or they'll start to feel pretty bad. :-) She can officially climb onto the couch, too. And we're up to 6 teeth once these last two quit giving her a hard time and fully cut through.
Likes: Running away from whomever's in charge of her - what else?! She's also really wanting to be held often, and asks "up" over and over. And she's in super-mega "mom" mode, even hanging from my pants/skirts/shorts when I won't lift her up. She also loves zippers, going for walks in the stroller or wagon, and swinging.
We made a quick trip to Chicago two weekends ago and did lots of fun stuff: Cubs game, butterfly garden, cheered on Grammalyn and Gigi at the Soldier Field 10-miler, a Molly's Cupcakes stop, and visits with my cousin and college roomie. I'll try to share pics from that later.
That same week, we had her regular local cardiology checkup. Her doctor seemed really hopeful about her outlook based on how well she's doing and the fact that her heart function and size improved some. He even mentioned someday going off meds (!!!). When he listened to her heart, he said that, for the first time, it was beating at a normal pace for her age! Typically it beats a bit faster than normal because it works harder than a normal child's, so he seemed to think we might see even more improvement when we look again ...
... which will be this Wednesday when we visit Children's. It's nervewracking to go back to that place, even for a routine visit. They'll draw some labs when we arrive, do an echo to see how her heart looks and is functioning (PRAYING for more improvement!) and then a visit with the doctor to go over the results and do a quick check-up. I'm nervous about her weight, what they'll see on the echo, and just generally being there again, so I'm hopeful we hear good things and feel better driving home than we do going down.
Not a ton has changed since I last blogged, and we had a great May. Alivia was re-weighed a few days after my last post, and she had gained a whopping 7 ounces! We FINALLY cracked the 20-pound mark! By the time she visited her cardiologist in late May, she was at 20.5 pounds. So I think we can chalk her slight loss in April/May to teething....and just our luck, she's going through another period of cutting teeth (top two) and is back to her super picky eating. We visit St. Louis Children's this Wednesday for a full check-up (more on that later), and I'm praying we don't see much of a loss, if any. She's thankfully still wanting to eat SOME things, and is downing milk and her daily cup of juice.
Stats: 20.5 lbs; 30ish inches
Milestones: Alivia can easily verbalize everyone's name in our immediate family, including the pets, as well as her grandparents', Aunt Gigi and Elmo. I guess uncles Greggy and Adam better be next, or they'll start to feel pretty bad. :-) She can officially climb onto the couch, too. And we're up to 6 teeth once these last two quit giving her a hard time and fully cut through.
Likes: Running away from whomever's in charge of her - what else?! She's also really wanting to be held often, and asks "up" over and over. And she's in super-mega "mom" mode, even hanging from my pants/skirts/shorts when I won't lift her up. She also loves zippers, going for walks in the stroller or wagon, and swinging.
We made a quick trip to Chicago two weekends ago and did lots of fun stuff: Cubs game, butterfly garden, cheered on Grammalyn and Gigi at the Soldier Field 10-miler, a Molly's Cupcakes stop, and visits with my cousin and college roomie. I'll try to share pics from that later.
That same week, we had her regular local cardiology checkup. Her doctor seemed really hopeful about her outlook based on how well she's doing and the fact that her heart function and size improved some. He even mentioned someday going off meds (!!!). When he listened to her heart, he said that, for the first time, it was beating at a normal pace for her age! Typically it beats a bit faster than normal because it works harder than a normal child's, so he seemed to think we might see even more improvement when we look again ...
... which will be this Wednesday when we visit Children's. It's nervewracking to go back to that place, even for a routine visit. They'll draw some labs when we arrive, do an echo to see how her heart looks and is functioning (PRAYING for more improvement!) and then a visit with the doctor to go over the results and do a quick check-up. I'm nervous about her weight, what they'll see on the echo, and just generally being there again, so I'm hopeful we hear good things and feel better driving home than we do going down.
I'm way overdue for a Tyler update, and he's been up to lots of cool things, too, so I'll try to post on him super soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment