Thursday, May 17, 2012

25 Weeks


I think I hit a growth spurt. :)

Here's what's been going on:

Feeling: Still really good. Gotta love the 2nd trimester (which is nearly over!). My right leg swells or tightens up everytime I'm at work from how I must sit at my desk, but that's no biggie. My emotions are kind of out of control, though. If I'm tired, watch out. My fuse is so, so short, and if I get REALLY mad, I cry and then forget why I'm crying but can't stop. It's ridiculous. I stopped going to the gym this week to see if that helps. I know working out is supposed to help you feel more energetic, but when you go to the gym at 5 a.m., by 5 p.m., you're a zombie. And I'm an evil zombie.

Baby Activity: Tons of kicks, especially on my right side. And lots of growth based on the size of my belly!

Doc Appts: At 24 weeks, I had my monthly checkup and gluclose screening. I passed! And my checkup was totally normal. My doctor and I talked a bit about whether I'd get an epidural this time or not. I had one with Tyler, and it was great. I didn't have time for one with Alivia, and that was ... interesting, but I survived and felt kind of tough after the fact. And physically I felt awesome right after her delivery, and it was so nice to be able to get up and walk right away and shower. So the question for me now is...if I do have time for an epidural with this baby (which likely will not happen if my labor is even faster), will I opt for one? I think if I'm progressing fast enough, I'll try to go without. If things feel more drawn out, I'll consider one.

Baby Prep Progress: Still no name agreements, and the boy name I liked last time is off the table, so right now we are closer to having a girl name than a boy name. I'm super focused on finding just the right boy name, so I wonder if that means we're having a boy. ... We've done nothing else, but I do plan to make those to-do lists soon!

The third trimester starts in 1.5 weeks! What a fast 2nd trimester!

2 comments:

  1. You look great. Glad to hear everything is cruising along well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After Avery's party, Addison told me she thinks you're having a girl. Of course, she thinks EVERYONE is having a girl, but she's gotta be right sometimes! :-)

    ReplyDelete