Monday, May 21, 2012

From Darkness There Comes Light

I love this picture.

Every time I see it, I'm reminded of the incredible miracle my daughter is. Not a day goes by that I don't marvel at her. She's a nearly endless ball of energy with nothing slowing her down, all by the grace of God. I try to prevent myself from asking why we are the lucky ones in a situation that often can lead to incredibly scary medical outcomes. It's not my place to ask why - not why this happened, not why her heart began to heal, nothing. I don't feel deserving or undeserving of any of this, just grateful that we are where we are today and hopeful that this is the path she's on for good.

Look how healthy and vibrant she is! She has no idea what she's battled and overcome, but someday we'll be sure she understands how amazing her healing has been and how many prayed for her. She knows about God and prays with us every night, and now and then I tell her that her heart was sick, but it's far too early for her to grasp the hugeness of this, the amazing miracle that her life represents. More than anything, I hope she lives a life that honors the God who saved her and never takes advantage of the huge gift she was given.

No comments:

Post a Comment