![]() |
| Hmm, the setting I used on my phone makes my arm look diseased. Oopsie! |
How I'm feeling: Physically, I'm still doing really well, relatively speaking, despite the tiredness, backaches and occassional stomachaches. This 100-degree weather we've been having hasn't been the funnest thing I've experienced, but I think I will need to get used to it; it doesn't look like we will be having a mild summer. During one of our 100-degree days this week, I traveled for work, and I could NOT get the car cool enough. I was SO hot and didn't feel normal again until I was home and literally laying in front of one of our air vents. That was one long hot flash, and if that's how older women feel when experiencing hot flashes, wow, I'm so not looking forward to those! ... Emotionally/mentally, again, I'm getting freaked out and/or stressed. How on earth are we going to handle three kids? How are we going to get ready within the next 5-6 weeks? And WHY can't I find a cute, neutral going-home outfit anywhere on this planet?!
Baby prep: My lovely SIL picked up an Ikea storage unit for us to use as a dresser for this babe, so hopefully next weekend we can set that up. And this weekend, I bought some pacifiers and some cute newborn baseball onesies in case we have a boy; they were on clearance and too cute to pass up. When you find cute boy stuff, you can't let it go. If we have a girl, I know a few mamas expecting boys who will like them! As I alluded to above, I also am searching, searching, searching for a going-home outfit and a few other basics via the internet. I think I need to make a trip to Babies R Us here soon to see a few things in person. ... Oh, and no, we don't have names settled on.
Doc Appts: I see my OB (who I love, love, love and usually end up chatting with too much and forget to ask about the baby's stats) every two weeks now. I go again this Friday. As my duedate gets closer and she begins to check on my body's progress toward labor, we'll figure out our approach to delivery since Miss Alivia was born so quickly. I'll gladly deliver again with no epidural as long as I'm delivering IN a hospital, preferrably with qualified staff around me.
Baby activity: This is a seriously active child. He/she moves SO much - I'm pretty certain moreso than my other two. Andrew put his hand on my belly last night and felt the babe kicking/jabbing/moving for a few minutes and was like, 'Wow, that would be annoying.' Annoying certainly isn't the right word, but distracting might be. It's super cool, nonetheless, and a good sign that he/she is feeling good in there. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment