Time for a quick baby update!
Week: Completing Week 34.
Feeling: Well, OK. I'm a wuss during the last few weeks of pregnancy. Everything just hurts and I'm in slow motion. My back hurts, sometimes my hip hurts, my leg gets swollen, the baby likes to head-butt my bladder and I'm tired! So I'm getting a lot less done than I'd like and feeling guilty for not doing more with the family. I'm still very overwhelmed at work, with several projects to finish up in the next week or two before I can breathe easier. And at home, things are just...dirty and unorganized. I haven't been home much at all, and when I am, it's after a long day of work typically. But, other than all that, I feel relatively well and am trying to turn any nerves/stress I have into positive thoughts about welcoming a new baby into our family. It still seems SUPER weird to think we are about to be a family of 5.
Baby activity: Still a super-active baby. He/she gets hiccups about twice a day, and moves practically all of the time. He/she is head down, with the back along my right side, so I get lots of kicks from his/her knee and feet on my left side throughout the day. It's very weird to feel these knobby little baby parts trying to bust out of your belly. :)
![]() |
| Tyler checking out a hiccup session. He's so excited at possibly having a brother that he wants to share a room (and his bed) asap. |
Doc Appts: I had one today, and all was looking/sounding very good. My BP was up to a normal range, too. My OB is on vacation for the next two weeks (pretty darn close to my due date, but I'll allow it, I guess ;)), so I don't go again until I'm 37 weeks, 2 days! That's full term, baby! We'll find out if my body is making progress toward labor at that appointment. I'm having some sporadic Braxton Hicks contractions, so I'll be very anxious to hear where things are at by that point, especially since I had Tyler at 37w6d.


Looking good! It's getting close!
ReplyDelete