![]() |
| I wore the same shirt as the last photo to see the difference in size. Definitely bigger! |
Feeling: I'm always relieved to hit 37 weeks. I can worry less about the baby having complications at birth and the light is at the end of the proverbial pregnancy tunnel. This time around, though, reaching 37 weeks is scarier than usual. I'm SO not ready! I can't imagine having three children. I'm up to my eyeballs in work at the office. And I don't really feel up to giving birth. :) Tyler's birth was so smooth and seemless. Alivia's was so fast and somewhat out of (my) control. So now I have no idea what to expect and what I want to do about pain control, if I get to make the decision at all. Andrew has me convinced this baby is coming early and quick.
Beyond my nerves, physically I'm OK, just still dealing with the usual aches and pains. It's hard to get up, my back hurts, my right calf/ankle still swells nearly daily - but that's all typical and minor and TEMPORARY! I think I'm sleeping better than I usually do at this point (knock on wood), so that's a plus.
Baby prep: I think we are set on the basics! Linens are washed, newborn clothes clean and folded, hospital bag started, bassinet ready, carseat in possession (we had loaned it to family, whose daughter JUST outgrew it!), sibling shirts bought (which aren't anything special; no time to order off Etsy like I'd hoped), sibling gift for the baby purchased, and thanks to some generous friends/coworkers, PLENTY of diapers!
![]() |
| Tyler continuing the tradition with Alivia of purchasing a stuffed animal from Build-a-Bear. He built a bunny for Alivia 2.5 years ago, and this time the two together built a monkey (named Charlie). |
![]() |
| Can't express how super helpful having these will be!! |
Doc appts: I haven't seen my OB in two weeks but go in on Tuesday and will see her each week until baby time. On Saturday, Aug. 11, I'll officially be as pregnant as I was when Tyler was born, so I wonder how many more appointments I'll have! I keep saying, "Watch this be the child who comes LATE." I could use the extra time for work, but the rest of me isn't a fan of that idea. Obviously it's a very real possibility, though.
A lot if about to happen this month, so I hope everything goes smoothly. Tyler is starting kindergarten, my mom has a big birthday coming up, and Alivia's 2-year "anniversary" of the day she was diagnosed with her heart condition is the same day as my mom's birthday. I also have some big meetings at work (please pray I don't go into labor THEN!). I'm trying not to overstress about everything, and I know by September, we'll be in a totally different "place" as a family - and I imagine it will be a GREAT place to be, albeit a sleep-deprived one.
Special thanks to my friends/coworkers mentioned above for the generous and thoughtful baby shower luncheon they had for me yesterday. It was a total surprise and included lots of things just for me (!), which I can't wait to dig into - lots of stuff to help me relax, which is just what I need. And, of course, what any girl needs - cupcakes!
![]() |
| Bag of goodies for me. :) |
![]() |
| PB&J cupcakes. YUM! I think I might go eat one right now! |





Everything will happen how it happens and everything will be just fine! Put it in God's hands. Thinking of you all (but especially you and baby)!
ReplyDeleteHugs! Love, Gibbons
Getting CLOSE! How exciting!! Love that baby bump!
ReplyDelete