Saturday, March 3, 2012

Bump Blog - Week 15

With this being my last pregnancy, I'd like to make the most of it by documenting it a bit better than I did with Tyler, and a lot better than I did with Alivia. So I'm going to try to post a bump update every two weeks or so.

The bump might actually look bigger than it is because of the shadow and my horrible editing skills. Whoops! I need a Photo Editing 101 course pronto.

How I'm feeling: Pretty good. I had the mildest first trimester of my three pregnancies. My pregnancy with Tyler was two weeks of all-day, intense nausea. Alivia's was several weeks of that, plus major issues with heartburn. This time, I felt no all-day nausea at ALL, just a few moments of "blah" and then issues with heartburn around Week 9 that I quickly recognized and began medicating, so that subsided and became manageable by Week 10, though I'd say I spent all of February not feeling "well," but moreso in an annoying way. I feel tired by 5ish each night and am a walking zombie if I'm still up by 9, so I have to be productive as I can during the day. And I'm real careful about what I chose to eat. I can't eat dairy much at all because of the lactic acid (so no ice cream, AGAIN). My stomach quickly turns on me if I choose poorly. ... Oh, and my back already hurts. :)

Baby prep progress: None so far, and there's very little we'll need to do for this one. We have only two kids' bedrooms, so this baby will bunk with me and Andrew for much of his/her first year, then start sharing with one of his/her siblings. Or we'll move, but I love our house! ... We kind-of have been talking names, but knowing us, we won't settle on one until the 11th hour. Tyler has picked his favorite name for a boy, which happens to be one of my picks. (Each kid wants a baby that is the same gender as him/her, btw) ... And all three kids have fall plans - Baby G will go to daycare 2 days a week and be at home with me or a grandma the other 3 days; Alivia will go to morning preschool 2 days a week and then be home with a grandparent or me; and Tyler will go to kindergarten!

Bump status: Let's put it this way - once I'm done writing this, I'm going to find my stash of maternity clothes to take inventory. I'm running out of tops and pants for work. After I remind myself of what I have, my mom and I are going shopping tomorrow to expand my wardrobe. With most of the clothes I wear, if you look at me, and not know I'm pregnant, I just look a little rounder in the tummy area. If you know I'm pregnant, you know you are seeing the start of a bump.

Cravings: Cheese fries. :) I eat ALL the time, but fortunately cheese fries are rarely available to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment